RE: [NTO] dot ink

  • Dart Chris
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 13 7:00 AM
      That has to mean its a short-cut !

      _____

      From: Ed Brown [mailto:ebrown1927@...]
      Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 3:08 PM
      To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [NTO] dot ink

      I did that already, and this is what I got:

      L[1]ÀF<[1]...½ÜÄZ$?Q¸àÄ
      e"¸àÄ\­Hº?

      E%­Ð~¨6
      F1?1>DIANNS~1.
      ï¾++1¹?1>Dianns Booko5n
      Q»ÐPRESARIOC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns
      BookA..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns Book `
      XgeneÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å

      ++8ÇÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å

      ++8Ç

      Christine wrote:

      > Ed, right-click on it and rename.
      > If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
      > The first thing the program does is check the file extension. It's like a
      > lazy kid. If it fails to recognize the extension, it stops cold. No
      > suggestions, no continuing thought or problem solving, etc. It just sits
      > there with its finger in its nose complaining about being bored.
      >
      > Christine

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kj3brb/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
      oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1103035264/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.
      netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
      :HM/A=2434971/rand=523523294>

      _____

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

    • future.com@vsnl.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 13 12:38 PM
        Hello

        Download a small utility called FileDrag. This utility shall reveal which
        program is required to open the file.

        Srish Agrawal
        ___________

        At 08:08 AM 12/13/2004 -0600, you wrote:

        >I did that already, and this is what I got:
        >
        >L[1]ÀF<[1]...½ÜÄZ$?Q¸àÄ
        > e"¸àÄ\­Hº?
        >
        >E%­Ð~¨6
        >F1?1>DIANNS~1.
        >ï¾++1¹?1>Dianns Booko5n
        >Q»ÐPRESARIOC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns
        >BookA..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns Book `
        > XgeneÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å
        >
        >++8ÇÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å
        >
        >++8Ç
        >

        >Christine wrote:
        >
        >> Ed, right-click on it and rename.
        >> If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
        >> The first thing the program does is check the file extension. It's like a
        >> lazy kid. If it fails to recognize the extension, it stops cold. No
        >> suggestions, no continuing thought or problem solving, etc. It just sits
        >> there with its finger in its nose complaining about being bored.
        >>
        >> Christine
      • David Smart
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 13 11:16 PM
          If it's a link, the document isn't there - it's still on the original computer. :-(

          If you do a properties on the file, if it's a link it'll show you what it points at. If you don't have that file, there's not much you can do - but at least you'll know for sure that it's a link.

          Dave S