Re: [NTO] dot ink

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
      I did that already, and this is what I got:

      L[1]ÀF<[1]...½ÜÄZ$?Q¸àÄ
      e"¸àÄ\­Hº?

      E%­Ð~¨6
      F1?1>DIANNS~1.
      ï¾++1¹?1>Dianns Booko5n
      Q»ÐPRESARIOC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns
      BookA..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns Book `
      XgeneÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å

      ++8ÇÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å

      ++8Ç

      Christine wrote:

      > Ed, right-click on it and rename.
      > If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
      > The first thing the program does is check the file extension. It's like a
      > lazy kid. If it fails to recognize the extension, it stops cold. No
      > suggestions, no continuing thought or problem solving, etc. It just sits
      > there with its finger in its nose complaining about being bored.
      >
      > Christine

    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
        *.ink is an extension for a shortcut. In the original computer the
        sender should attach the original file from the original location.

        Jeff
      • Dart Chris
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
          That has to mean its a short-cut !

          _____

          Christine wrote:

          > Ed, right-click on it and rename.
          > If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
          > The first thing the program does is check the file extension. It's like a
          > lazy kid. If it fails to recognize the extension, it stops cold. No
          > suggestions, no continuing thought or problem solving, etc. It just sits
          > there with its finger in its nose complaining about being bored.
          >
          > Christine

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kj3brb/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1103035264/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.
          netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=2434971/rand=523523294>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • future.com@vsnl.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
            Hello

            Download a small utility called FileDrag. This utility shall reveal which
            program is required to open the file.

            Srish Agrawal
            ___________

            At 08:08 AM 12/13/2004 -0600, you wrote:

            >I did that already, and this is what I got:
            >
            >L[1]ÀF<[1]...½ÜÄZ$?Q¸àÄ
            > e"¸àÄ\­Hº?
            >
            >E%­Ð~¨6
            >F1?1>DIANNS~1.
            >ï¾++1¹?1>Dianns Booko5n
            >Q»ÐPRESARIOC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns
            >BookA..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns Book `
            > XgeneÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å
            >
            >++8ÇÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å
            >
            >++8Ç
            >

            >Christine wrote:
            >
            >> Ed, right-click on it and rename.
            >> If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
            >> The first thing the program does is check the file extension. It's like a
            >> lazy kid. If it fails to recognize the extension, it stops cold. No
            >> suggestions, no continuing thought or problem solving, etc. It just sits
            >> there with its finger in its nose complaining about being bored.
            >>
            >> Christine
          • David Smart
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
              If it's a link, the document isn't there - it's still on the original computer. :-(

              If you do a properties on the file, if it's a link it'll show you what it points at. If you don't have that file, there's not much you can do - but at least you'll know for sure that it's a link.

              Dave S