Re: [NTO] dot ink

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
      Ed Brown wrote:
      > I received a small electronic book from a friend who said it was written
      > in Word, but instead of having .doc it has .ink
      > I cannot open it. What is .ink or dot ink? Diann's Book.ink is what I
      > see but it will not open in my computer. What do I need to open it?
      > Ed

      >> Sure it says .ink and not lnk (LNK)?
      >>
      >> Lotta

      >> A digital "ink" file produced by the io pen
      >>
      >> Take care Barry UK

      >> loro,
      >> I think you are right, it is a small L instead of an i. But how do I
      >> open it or change the extension?
      >> Ed

      >> Ed, right-click on it and rename.
      >> If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
      >>
      >> Christine

      Ed,

      If none of the above apply, try to right-click the icon and choose
      properties, trying to determine if it is actually just a shortcut that
      loaded the 'absent' 'small electronic book' into Word.

      LNK is the default extension for Windows shortcuts, after
      right-clicking, the resulting pop-up dialog box should confirm that it
      is a shortcut only.

      --
      ºvº
      04.12.13
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
        I did that already, and this is what I got:

        L[1]ÀF<[1]...½ÜÄZ$?Q¸àÄ
        e"¸àÄ\­Hº?

        E%­Ð~¨6
        F1?1>DIANNS~1.
        ï¾++1¹?1>Dianns Booko5n
        Q»ÐPRESARIOC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns
        BookA..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns Book `
        XgeneÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å

        ++8ÇÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å

        ++8Ç

        Christine wrote:

        > Ed, right-click on it and rename.
        > If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
        > The first thing the program does is check the file extension. It's like a
        > lazy kid. If it fails to recognize the extension, it stops cold. No
        > suggestions, no continuing thought or problem solving, etc. It just sits
        > there with its finger in its nose complaining about being bored.
        >
        > Christine

      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
          *.ink is an extension for a shortcut. In the original computer the
          sender should attach the original file from the original location.

          Jeff
        • Dart Chris
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
            That has to mean its a short-cut !

            _____

            Christine wrote:

            > Ed, right-click on it and rename.
            > If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
            > The first thing the program does is check the file extension. It's like a
            > lazy kid. If it fails to recognize the extension, it stops cold. No
            > suggestions, no continuing thought or problem solving, etc. It just sits
            > there with its finger in its nose complaining about being bored.
            >
            > Christine

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129kj3brb/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1103035264/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.
            netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
            :HM/A=2434971/rand=523523294>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • future.com@vsnl.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
              Hello

              Download a small utility called FileDrag. This utility shall reveal which
              program is required to open the file.

              Srish Agrawal
              ___________

              At 08:08 AM 12/13/2004 -0600, you wrote:

              >I did that already, and this is what I got:
              >
              >L[1]ÀF<[1]...½ÜÄZ$?Q¸àÄ
              > e"¸àÄ\­Hº?
              >
              >E%­Ð~¨6
              >F1?1>DIANNS~1.
              >ï¾++1¹?1>Dianns Booko5n
              >Q»ÐPRESARIOC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns
              >BookA..\..\..\..\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Dianns Book `
              > XgeneÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å
              >
              >++8ÇÖg÷QÝFaAEUR*ùD©`?±:{EURz÷GÙ^(TM)Å
              >
              >++8Ç
              >

              >Christine wrote:
              >
              >> Ed, right-click on it and rename.
              >> If it is actually a Word doc, it will open.
              >> The first thing the program does is check the file extension. It's like a
              >> lazy kid. If it fails to recognize the extension, it stops cold. No
              >> suggestions, no continuing thought or problem solving, etc. It just sits
              >> there with its finger in its nose complaining about being bored.
              >>
              >> Christine
            • David Smart
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 13, 2004
                If it's a link, the document isn't there - it's still on the original computer. :-(

                If you do a properties on the file, if it's a link it'll show you what it points at. If you don't have that file, there's not much you can do - but at least you'll know for sure that it's a link.

                Dave S

                loro wrote:

                > Ed Brown wrote:
                > >I received a small electronic book from a friend who said it was written
                > >in Word, but instead of having .doc it has .ink
                > >I cannot open it. What is .ink or dot ink? Diann's Book.ink is what I
                > >see but it will not open in my computer. What do I need to open it?
                >
                > Sure it says .ink and not lnk (LNK)?
                >
                > Lotta

                ---