Re: install failure

  • acummingsus
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
      Hi,

      Just one idea comes to mind. Not a clue whether it your issue or not.

      But doesn't some XP either Pro or Home or both have ability for
      encryption file system? encrypt--decrypt on the fly.

      If that's turned on and there is something wrong with that
      feature . . . well then, be looking at all kinds of translation
      failures.

      Are you install, not as a user, but as an administrator privileges?

      The two (nero and NTP) listed, is that the only problems, everything
      else works fine?

      I've had even only slightly incompatible memory sticks cause
      likewise, similar, as your listed pattern (this usually strikes at
      random though, not consistently and repeatedly on only 1 or 2 same
      programs).

      Perhaps there's something common, used by Nero and NTP that has a bit
      of a problem. Alan.

      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Barry Lever <blever@y...> wrote:

      > Greetings Experts: This is a general problem but came up over
      > installation of notetabpro 4.95- and AFTER installation of service
      pack
      > 2 (running XP with 512MB ram)- After SP2, my existing NT4.95 would
      > rarely load- gave me errors like- list index out of bounds- - so I
      > decided to de-install and re-install. But when I tried to run the
      > notetab495 setup file (ntp495wp.exe,freshly downloaded from Fookes)
      it

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2004
        Hi Barry,

        You need a key for that file (unless you have an installed
        version on your hard drive that is recognized as upgradable), but
        that does not explain why it wouldn't run. You'll need to write
        me at Jody@... with your registration details for more
        assistance with the "wp" file.

        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm