Re: [NTO] Common or not so common typographical characters

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
      Can't do because I uploaded the new page after removing the ... and it
      then validated. Why hiccupped I do not know. I had 2 instances of 3
      dots in one paragraph and it choked on both of them. I removed them and
      it worked. I do not argue with success. ;-)
      Ed

      loro wrote:

      > hsavage wrote:
      > >I noticed the last few messages, this may help, if it suits, substitute
      > >this entity for the 3 periods. I don't know which form to try, just
      > >trial and error.
      > >
      > >horizontal ellipsis = three dot leader … … …
      >
      > It's better typographically speaking and much prettier, but three periods
      > won't make the validator cough. There must be something else amiss. Maybe
      > you could show us the page Ed, or at least tell us what error you get?
      >
      > Lotta
      >

      > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
      > click here
      > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129a5tjum/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1102099439/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

      Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.
      -- Unknown