Re: [NTO] Common or not so common typographical characters

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
      hsavage wrote:
      >I noticed the last few messages, this may help, if it suits, substitute
      >this entity for the 3 periods. I don't know which form to try, just
      >trial and error.
      >
      >horizontal ellipsis = three dot leader … … …

      It's better typographically speaking and much prettier, but three periods
      won't make the validator cough. There must be something else amiss. Maybe
      you could show us the page Ed, or at least tell us what error you get?

      Lotta
    • Ed Brown
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2004
        Can't do because I uploaded the new page after removing the ... and it
        then validated. Why hiccupped I do not know. I had 2 instances of 3
        dots in one paragraph and it choked on both of them. I removed them and
        it worked. I do not argue with success. ;-)
        Ed

        loro wrote:

        > hsavage wrote:
        > >I noticed the last few messages, this may help, if it suits, substitute
        > >this entity for the 3 periods. I don't know which form to try, just
        > >trial and error.
        > >
        > >horizontal ellipsis = three dot leader … … …
        >
        > It's better typographically speaking and much prettier, but three periods
        > won't make the validator cough. There must be something else amiss. Maybe
        > you could show us the page Ed, or at least tell us what error you get?
        >
        > Lotta
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > click here
        > <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129a5tjum/M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=1705007389:HM/EXP=1102099439/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400>

        Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.
        -- Unknown