[NTO] Re: File|Open Window

  • RS
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 6, 2000
      Hi Ray,

      At 01:42 AM 02/06/00 -0500, you wrote:

      >The LemmeSee program is exactly what I need and I will be sending the
      >registration fee to: Eric S. Askilsrud,
      >E-Mail: erask@...
      > http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/erask/

      I'm glad to hear that.

      Apparently, the author is no longer at any of those addresses.

      >Until I get confirmation of registration, can you tell me how to get the
      >sort by Name in Details view to sort ascending (abc...) versus descending
      >(zyx...)

      If you click on the Header labeled Names it should toggle the sorting
      order. (You might need to first click on the list, sometimes.)

      In addition, if you are having files listed in descending order, it might
      have something to do with Explorer. You can try to fix it using Tweak UI
      (MS PowerToys). There, go to the Explorer tab, and in the Settings section
      check the "Save Window Settings". That will keep your last Explorer
      settings from one session to the next. Click OK. Having only one Explorer
      window open, customize it the way you want it; then close it. You can now
      You can keep it checked if you wish; but then Explorer will always open
      with the same configuration as the last Explorer window you used: normal
      size if it was normal, sorted backwards if it was so, etc (I personally
      keep it checked, but used not to before).

      >BTW, I visited the web page and all it says is GONE in big letters and a
      >note says there is no forwarding address... If they handle other windows
      >annoyances as well as they do with LemmeSee, I'd like to know how to get
      >their other little gems

      Here's the link to Windows Annoyances:

      http://www.creativelement.com/win95ann/

      Regards,

      RS
    • Harvey R. Savage
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 6, 2000
        Hi All,

        For Lemmesee, double click the shortcut if you have 1, if not create
        1, and a configuration dialog box will pop up. On the lower left is
        a 'Starting View' section. In the selection window are startup
        choices.

        I set mine to "Type <' this equals sort by extension in ascending
        order. Another choice 'Name', I suppose that means sort by name.

        hrs

        --
        ¿? Harvey R. Savage
        ¿? 40 Golf Course Road
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 22, 2000
          Hi Ray,

          > I was afraid the File|Open window wasn't a NoteTab issue.
          > Thanks for the offer to write a clip but there must be other
          > issues of more pressing interest to a greater number of users.
          >
          > I'm kinda new at exploring the many features of NTP and I may
          > use this question to try my hand at writing a clip to launch
          > Explorer

          Ya know, you could launch Explorer from a pulldown list of your
          favorite folders and then do a drag/drop into NoteTab.

          Happy Off-Topic'n!

          mailto:NoteTab-OT-Subscribe@...
        • Carl Swann
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 23, 2000
            Jody wrote:

            > Ya know, you could launch Explorer from a pulldown list of your
            > favorite folders and then do a drag/drop into NoteTab.

            Or simply use the keyboard shortcut combo of Win+E...

            oOOo-(_)-oOOo
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 23, 2000
              Hi Carl,

              >> Ya know, you could launch Explorer from a pulldown list of
              >> your favorite folders and then do a drag/drop into NoteTab.
              >
              > Or simply use the keyboard shortcut combo of Win+E...

              Is that W+I+N+E

              <vbg>

              Bye for now,
              Jody Adair
              Prov. 3:5-7; 4:23

              http://www.sureword.com/sojourner
              http://www.sureword.com/kjb1611
              http://www.sureword.com/notetab
            • Carl Swann
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 23, 2000
                Jody wrote:

                > Hi Carl,
                >
                > >> Ya know, you could launch Explorer from a pulldown list of
                > >> your favorite folders and then do a drag/drop into NoteTab.
                > >
                > > Or simply use the keyboard shortcut combo of Win+E...
                >
                > Is that W+I+N+E

                LOL!! I think you'll find the clip commands for that under Loop:

                <DITTO>
                > <vbg>
                </DITTO>

                oOOo-(_)-oOOo