Re: [NTO] Crazy system clock problems.

    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 24, 2004
      Hi Jeff,

      >I just updated my BIOS, I hope that solves it.

      Definitely worth a try. I would agree with Wayne in that
      something is causing those motherboards to go bad or appear bad.
      I've only had two bad ones and one was from the get go. The other
      was the clock wouldn't be remembered and nothing I tried fixed
      it. (Well, I did have one other go bad, but it was because the
      fire department dumped tons of water on the fire and a tad bit
      too much got in the computer. LOL) That's out of about 10
      motherboards over about 10 years time.

      My best running motherboards are Microstar Systems Inc. (MSI)
      FWIW. My aBit was the bad one from the get go causing lockups - I
      spent/wasted more time troubleshooting that board that I am not
      willing to disclose. <g> The clock one was an old Socket 7
      Soltek. I'm always a few years behind the latest and great due to
      costs. On this machine I run a 1.1 GHz AMD Athlon, 1GHz
      Crucial/Kingston RAM, 256MB Apollo Bloody Monster II video
      adapter, no-frills CD burner 52x, Iomega zip drive 100MB, on a
      MSI Turbo 2. I has a USB 2 PCI card on it, but it doesn't want to
      run on this MB. It does on my wife's MSI MS-6330 KT7 Pro though -
      odd, it's an older board (manufactured-wise).

      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm