Re: [NTO] Report Uses NotePad

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 21, 2004
      R Shapp wrote:
      > Hi Jody and Alec,
      >
      > <<If you do the file associations and the Clips the only time that
      > Notepad will open should be when a programmer forces you to use
      > it like in a readme file when they use a path to notepad.exe.>>
      >
      > That is the situation with BitDefender logs (my anti-virus software).
      >
      > As I said yesterday, I have found where BitDefender stores these
      logs. When I
      > double click on any of the log files, they open directly in NoteTab.
      All that
      > remains for me to do is to write a batch file and a desktop shortcut that
      > opens the log files directly without involving the BitDefender Management
      > Console.
      >
      > Thanks for all your help.
      >
      > Ray Shapp

      Ray,

      I'm glad you got that much worked out, but, I hope you mean 'clip'
      instead of 'batch file'.

      ºvº
      hrs <04-11-21> hsavage@...
    • R Shapp
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 21, 2004
        Hello Harvey,

        <<I hope you mean 'clip' instead of 'batch file'.>>

        NoteTab is running on my PC almost constantly but not 100 percent of the time.
        A desktop shortcut pointing to a Batch file can always be invoked by a
        keyboard combo.

        Regards,

        Ray Shapp
      • Don Passenger
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 22, 2004
          is there a way for him to use favorites?