Re: [NTO] Report Uses NotePad

  • R Shapp
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 21 8:54 PM
      Hi Jody and Alec,

      <<If you do the file associations and the Clips the only time that
      Notepad will open should be when a programmer forces you to use
      it like in a readme file when they use a path to notepad.exe.>>

      That is the situation with BitDefender logs (my anti-virus software).

      As I said yesterday, I have found where BitDefender stores these logs. When I
      double click on any of the log files, they open directly in NoteTab. All that
      remains for me to do is to write a batch file and a desktop shortcut that
      opens the log files directly without involving the BitDefender Management
      Console.

      Thanks for all your help.

      Ray Shapp
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 21 9:11 PM
        R Shapp wrote:
        > Hi Jody and Alec,
        >
        > <<If you do the file associations and the Clips the only time that
        > Notepad will open should be when a programmer forces you to use
        > it like in a readme file when they use a path to notepad.exe.>>
        >
        > That is the situation with BitDefender logs (my anti-virus software).
        >
        > As I said yesterday, I have found where BitDefender stores these
        logs. When I
        > double click on any of the log files, they open directly in NoteTab.
        All that
        > remains for me to do is to write a batch file and a desktop shortcut that
        > opens the log files directly without involving the BitDefender Management
        > Console.
        >
        > Thanks for all your help.
        >
        > Ray Shapp

        Ray,

        I'm glad you got that much worked out, but, I hope you mean 'clip'
        instead of 'batch file'.

        ºvº
        hrs <04-11-21> hsavage@...
      • R Shapp
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 21 11:33 PM
          Hello Harvey,

          <<I hope you mean 'clip' instead of 'batch file'.>>

          NoteTab is running on my PC almost constantly but not 100 percent of the time.
          A desktop shortcut pointing to a Batch file can always be invoked by a
          keyboard combo.

          Regards,

          Ray Shapp
        • Don Passenger
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 22 4:04 AM
            is there a way for him to use favorites?