Re: [NTO] Trouble with Eudora 6.2 fonts
- Hi Paul,
> I started with Eudora v 2 and have used most of the revisions.I started with 1.52 and still have it for emergency. <bg> I won't
say anymore less we get into a my eMail client is better than
yours war. Sorry I cannot help you with 6.2. I stopped at 4.3.2,
because it does what I need/want and fits like an old pair of
worn out sneakers, jeans, and t-shirt. :)
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
See ya in the funnies! ;)
- Hi Friends:
Your recent discussion of Eudora 4.3.2 caused me to relate this problem
with v 6.2 which I have not yet solved. I still have v 4.3.2 somewhere on a
CD and remember how well it worked for me. I started with Eudora v 2 and
have used most of the revisions.
I recently partitioned an 80 gig hard disk with C: for WIN XP, D: for
documents and settings, and E: for applications. While installing WIN XP, I
chose the custom method and directed its document and settings files to the
D: drive. A fresh copy of Eudora 6.2 (sponsored version) is installed on
the E: drive and its .mbx files, settings, address book, filters, etc, are
on drive D: about five layers deep in the previously installed hierarchical
files of WIN XP.
At first, Eudora worked fine, but in a few days the font settings got hosed
somehow and I was puzzled for a spell about the cause. Finally I went into
eudora. ini. There I found that settings I had made from Eudora Tools |
Options | Fonts had been altered which affected the style and size of type
I was seeing in the message window for both outgoing and incoming mail.
So I consulted the eudora.ini help file and restored my font setting
directly in the eudora.ini file (and saved them). But that hasn't cured the
problem. I am still seeing strange font behavior on the message screen, and
also faulty wraparounds producing ragged lines as well. Once again I find
my settings hosed.
In other words, my changes in the eudora.ini listings are being altered by
something I can't identify. The only thing I can think of is that maybe the
handful of "permanent" files I have within the OS file structure on D:
suffer because they are too deep in WIN XP.
Anyone have experience with renaming document and setting files
on a partitioned HD to solve a problem of this kind? Any light you can shed
will be appreciated.
I have the same problem with Thunderbird at times. The fonts change by
themselves - or some other force - to very tiny and difficult to read.
For now they are working good. But in the past when they were working
OK when I went to bed. But when I arose the next AM things were entirely
different. I am using XP Pro and Word 2000. Some how it seems MSWORD
may have a hand in things.
Paul M. King wrote:
> Hi Friends:--
> At first, Eudora worked fine, but in a few days the font settings got
> somehow and I was puzzled for a spell about the cause. Finally I went
> eudora. ini. There I found that settings I had made from Eudora Tools |
> Options | Fonts had been altered which affected the style and size of
> I was seeing in the message window for both outgoing and incoming mail.
> *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
> click here
> *Yahoo! Groups Links*
> * To visit your group on the web, go to:
> * To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
> Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
"Love is a single soul inhabiting two bodies."
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]