Re: [NTO] Changed date

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2004
      Ed Brown wrote:
      > Ran clip and it did remove the signature that I had been running but it
      > did not add the new signature.
      >
      > You are so well versed in clip writing that I think you do not
      > understand how little I know. So I must not have gotten something the
      > way you wanted me to do because I misunderstood your instructions. Here
      > is the clip I ran:
      >
      > ^!Set %newsig%=^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$signature^[dd^].txt
      > ^!Set %oldsig%=^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$signature.txt
      > ^!CopyFile "^%newsig%" "^%oldsig%"
      >
      > and then I ran this with the same result. No signature when I pull up
      > write to write a new email.
      >
      > Now when I ran the clip and checked it said in the line that was running
      > that signaturell.txt was to be added. That is right as I changed the
      > date to the eleventh.
      >
      > Ed

      Ed,

      It's late here, past midnight. First thing tomorrow, that is, later
      today, I will try to write a list, a very detailed process of the steps
      I think you need to follow to make this signature switch work out.

      I'll send to you personally because it will be somewhat lengthy and I'll
      try not to forget anything. This, believe it or not, isn't that
      difficult, just a few odds and ends to straighten up.

      It took several months of studying others clips to learn the little I
      know about clipping and I still miss a lot. When I write a clip I just
      try to get it working, after it works I worry about making it neat and
      as streamlined and efficient as possible. It does get a little easier
      each time.

      ºvº
      hrs <04-11-11> hsavage@...
    • Ed Brown