Install SP2 Yes/No? (was RE: [NH] Can't set Note Tab as default editor in IE any more)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004
      Hi Ward,

      Please reply to this on the Off Topic list and also your FireFox
      message. You can read the message online from the yahoogroups
      footer and sign up for the list from my signature line. TIA More
      follows...

      >Is there really any good reason to install SP2?

      There are probably many reason to do it. There's even more
      reasons to discuss this and all other messages not related to
      HTML over on the NoteTab Off Topic list. :-) If you go on line to
      the Off Topic list in the message area and search for SP2, you
      will find a whole slew of messages on the topic. In short, there
      are some isolated problems for people, there are some programs
      that are said not to run per MS (but they run on some peoples
      computers on the Off Topic list), Replace MS Notepad in NoteTab
      is broke in NoteTab running on XP Pro/Home with SP2 installed.
      There are some messages about how MS keeps messing up... There
      are others that are happy with it. Myself, besides the few little
      quirks here and there, it is the best thing that came out since
      XP. :)

      >Subject: Re: [NH] Can't set Note Tab as default editor in IE any more
      >
      >> I don't know why there is not a "Replace MS Notepad..." in your
      >> drop down "Help" menu in Note Tab Pro, there is in mine, maybe
      >> Jody will know why.
      >
      >We ought to move this over to the Off-Topic list, please! :) See my
      >sigline.
      >
      >Well, I have Windows XP SP2 installed now, but haven't found a sure fire
      >way to use the "Replace MS Notepad" yet.

      All Fookes Software mailing lists:
      http://www.fookes.us/
      http://www.notetab.net/ http://www.clean-funnies.com/