RE: [NTO] Fwd:OFFLIST: Re: [PT] Download Yahoo Groups Messages? (was [Clip] Archives)

  • Bob Janes
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2004
      Hi,

      Alec Burgess wrote:
      > Jody said:
      >> Sheri that was nice of you to archive the messages like that.
      >> Seems to me I saw a utility that downloaded a group to archive all in one
      shot.

      > Marek Jedlinski (author of Keynote) wrote a quickie program that would
      download a yahoo-groups archive.

      If you want a production quality programme then try PG Offline
      http://www.pgoffline.com/ Not freeware but does an excellent job as an
      off-line reader for Yahoo Groups. It will read al the existing posts and
      write them into a local offline database. Can also create archives and the
      developer will host archive downloads free of charge - the catch being that
      you need PG Offline to read them.

      +++++
      # Download & archive all the messages from a Yahoo group.
      # Import/Export all or a range of messages for group/s as one file.
      # Hide posts prefixed with '>' so when you're reading a thread you only see
      new posts.
      # Mark special messages as 'Favourite' so you can find them again easily.
      # Sort by author, date, message number, subject, favourite or new status.
      # Search messages by author, subject or content even over multiple groups!.
      # Save and load search parameters. Save and load search results.
      # View only new messages & read them in a digest format.
      # See statistics for the group. See how many posts you've made, etc.
      # Share attachments downloaded before the Yahoo cutoff.
      +++++

      Best wishes

      Bob

      --

      Bob Janes
      'A Helping Hand'

      Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom
      consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard