RE: [NTO] .rar files

  • ron_riche
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 21, 2004
      If you want a free RAR archiver (and just about any
      other compression format) IZArc is free and stable.
      Not quite as fast reassembling RAR streams as WinRAR
      but it is effective and free.

      Find it at

      www.izsoft.dir.bg

      Set the Classic display style to speed up loading.
      The Explorer style is useful but takes too long to
      load initially because of the need to scan
      directories.

      You also need to read the help files about how to
      reassemble RAR archives, since the format is primarily
      used for distributing and reassembling multimedia
      files over the net or on newsgroups.

      -ronnie-

      --- Christine <christine@...> wrote:

      > Well, thanks all!
      > I mistakenly assumed (aren't most assumptions
      > mistaken?) that WinZip was the
      > end-all.
      > This opens up a whole 'nother realm of file
      > sharing....
      >
      > I appreciate it!
      > Christine

      =====