RE: [NTO] XP SP2

  • Dart Chris
    Message 1 of 41 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hi Christine,

      I clicked that button.

      Nero needed a fix after that, most else is OK. I don't see any advantage and
      on balance I think it is slightly slower, but this is just my perception -
      its certainly not a big difference.

      Basically I could not advise you to load it. Restore points indicate it
      could be unloaded. I would prefer to rebuild from the backup!

      Do you have that list of problem apps perchance?

      Chris Dart

      _____

      Message 41 of 41 , Sep 7, 2004
        On Tuesday, September 07, 2004 at 8:55, Lloyd wrote:

        > Stay strong. The other day my grandson (the computer major at the
        > University) helped me by loading it on my XP. The next time I used the
        > computer after about 2 hours of use, it re-booted itself. Or should I say
        > tried to re-boot itself. I am up and running again after the re-formatting
        > of my "C" drive.

        NOt one problem here with SP2.

        > No matter how well you think you are doing with saving everything.
        > Re-formatting will show you that you didn't do well enough.

        Have a look at this,

        http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/

        This is the best one I have seen. I use it and have restore more than
        once with this to a new hard drive and the like.

        I have restored just the xp partition using this. I use to use Ghost but
        switched.

        --
        Dennis