Re: [NTO] Files to CD-R

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
      Jeff Scism wrote:
      > Ok I made a CD-r with the autorun.inf file ( contains:
      >
      > [autorun]
      > shellexecute=index.html
      >
      > and it doesn't "autorun"
      >
      > It seems something should be telling the CD reader to execute the
      > Autorun process
      >
      > (Index.html IS in the same directory as teh autorun.inf, the Cd's root
      > directory.)

      Jeff,

      Try creating a new autorun.inf using "open=filename.exe" as below. I
      don't know if "open=filename.html" will work but, it won't cost much to
      try it.

      [autorun]
      open=filename.exe

      hrs
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2004
        The "Open Filename.exe" comes back as a "Not a valid Win32 application"
        error.
        --
        ~~

        Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

        "Just the facts, maam."
        Sgt. Joe Friday,
        LAPD Badge #714

        Do your civic duty, Know your candidates and
        VOTE for the candidate of your choice.

        Jimmy Hoffa, 1960
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2004
          Hi Harvey, Jeff, Others...

          I tried that (open=index.htm) one back on my Win98 machine to
          open with an index.htm years back and it didn't work. I believe
          that is when I also tried the shellexecute=index.htm which didn't
          work either on Win98. But, you are correct that it doesn't cost
          much. :)

          I look for specials all the time on pricewatch.com and eBay. With
          shipping costs I can usually get 100 bulk pack of blank CD-R (no
          branding such as manufacturers name on the CD) for $.20-$0.25 a
          CD-R. (Grade A quality 48-52x silver on blue or silver on silver
          which is actually silver on green) I also like to buy other
          shipping or label supplies in the same order to save on shipping
          costs. Normally you can add other items in the order for pennies
          more in shipping, if anything whereas if you order them
          separately there seems to be like a minimum shipping cost. So,
          separately you might pay $5.95 for 100 CD labels, but if added in
          with say 100 blank CD-R there might be a charge or $0.00-$1.00 or
          so more. It really pays to shop around for CD-R duplication
          products: media, labels, inserts, cases, mailers, etc. When doing
          so on eBay.com or PriceWatch.com pay attention the the Feedback
          given to the company. Not all negative feedback is justifiable
          either, IMO. Also, before ordering, make sure you check out
          shipping charges and prices on other products from the same
          company/seller. You'll nearly always come out better buying from
          the same company if you can find one that have good prices all
          the way across the board and not just on their special.

          This is the accepted format for all Windows OS'.
          [autorun]
          open=filename.exe
          icon=filename.ico

          I don't think it is a legitimate command:
          [autorun]
          open=index.htm

          I believe that this is for Win2000 and above:
          [autorun]
          shellexecute=index.htm

          >> Ok I made a CD-r with the autorun.inf file ( contains:
          >> [autorun]
          >> shellexecute=index.html
          >> and it doesn't "autorun"
          >> (Index.html IS in the same directory as teh autorun.inf, the Cd's root
          >> directory.)
          >
          >Jeff,
          >
          >Try creating a new autorun.inf using "open=filename.exe" as
          >below. I don't know if "open=filename.html" will work but, it
          >won't cost much to try it.
          >
          >[autorun]
          >open=filename.exe

          bcnu,