Re: [NTO] Files to CD-R

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
      I have TWO cds on teh system,. D drivew is a CD-R/CDRW
      and E drive is a CD-Rom, in addition I have B drive as a 100mb Zip
      drive, and of course A is a floppy.
      F Drive is my wife's C drive on her networked laptop.

      --
      ~~

      Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

      "Just the facts, maam."
      Sgt. Joe Friday,
      LAPD Badge #714

      Do your civic duty, Know your candidates and
      VOTE for the candidate of your choice.

      Jimmy Hoffa, 1960
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
        Hi Jeff,

        You have memory problems; that's a Win98 given. <g>

        If I an not mistaken, Win98 doesn't support the shellexecute
        command in autorun.

        > Ok I made a CD-r with the autorun.inf file contains:
        > [autorun]
        > shellexecute=index.html
        > and it doesn't "autorun"
        > However it comes up page not found...

        >I am using NERO express to Burn, On Win98se, with 386 RAM, and 76 Gigs
        >on HD, so no memory probs involved.
        >
        >When I load the CD it opens the cd DIRECTORY, but NOT the Index.html
        >page, which does open if you click on it.

        All Fookes Software mailing lists:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
          Jeff Scism wrote:
          > Ok I made a CD-r with the autorun.inf file ( contains:
          >
          > [autorun]
          > shellexecute=index.html
          >
          > and it doesn't "autorun"
          >
          > It seems something should be telling the CD reader to execute the
          > Autorun process
          >
          > (Index.html IS in the same directory as teh autorun.inf, the Cd's root
          > directory.)

          Jeff,

          Try creating a new autorun.inf using "open=filename.exe" as below. I
          don't know if "open=filename.html" will work but, it won't cost much to
          try it.

          [autorun]
          open=filename.exe

          hrs
        • Jeff Scism

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 2, 2004
              Hi Harvey, Jeff, Others...

              I tried that (open=index.htm) one back on my Win98 machine to
              open with an index.htm years back and it didn't work. I believe
              that is when I also tried the shellexecute=index.htm which didn't
              work either on Win98. But, you are correct that it doesn't cost
              much. :)

              I look for specials all the time on pricewatch.com and eBay. With
              shipping costs I can usually get 100 bulk pack of blank CD-R (no
              branding such as manufacturers name on the CD) for $.20-$0.25 a
              CD-R. (Grade A quality 48-52x silver on blue or silver on silver
              which is actually silver on green) I also like to buy other
              shipping or label supplies in the same order to save on shipping
              costs. Normally you can add other items in the order for pennies
              more in shipping, if anything whereas if you order them
              separately there seems to be like a minimum shipping cost. So,
              separately you might pay $5.95 for 100 CD labels, but if added in
              with say 100 blank CD-R there might be a charge or $0.00-$1.00 or
              so more. It really pays to shop around for CD-R duplication
              products: media, labels, inserts, cases, mailers, etc. When doing
              so on eBay.com or PriceWatch.com pay attention the the Feedback
              given to the company. Not all negative feedback is justifiable
              either, IMO. Also, before ordering, make sure you check out
              shipping charges and prices on other products from the same
              company/seller. You'll nearly always come out better buying from
              the same company if you can find one that have good prices all
              the way across the board and not just on their special.

              This is the accepted format for all Windows OS'.
              [autorun]
              open=filename.exe
              icon=filename.ico

              I don't think it is a legitimate command:
              [autorun]
              open=index.htm

              I believe that this is for Win2000 and above:
              [autorun]
              shellexecute=index.htm

              >> Ok I made a CD-r with the autorun.inf file ( contains:
              >> [autorun]
              >> shellexecute=index.html
              >> and it doesn't "autorun"
              >> (Index.html IS in the same directory as teh autorun.inf, the Cd's root
              >> directory.)
              >
              >Jeff,
              >
              >Try creating a new autorun.inf using "open=filename.exe" as
              >below. I don't know if "open=filename.html" will work but, it
              >won't cost much to try it.
              >
              >[autorun]
              >open=filename.exe

              bcnu,