Re: [NTO] FrontPage Sever Extensions

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2004
      I tried using FrontPage server extensions for a site I webmaster for,
      several years ago. Used FP 2000. The web host was on a Unix box. There
      is something about the FP extensions on Unix that get "lost" and have to
      be re-installed frequently.

      I got so tired of the issue and non-standard code generated by FP, that
      I quite using it. I liked the ability to see a graphic of the whole
      site, but that was not enough reason to justify the enormous expense of
      FP. Most webhosts I have seen charge more to host sites on Windows with
      IIS, so that is another reason I prefer web hosts using Unix/Linux and
      Apache.

      If you have to use Front Page, I suggest you use a web host that runs on
      Windows and uses IIS. Not very secure, and probably more expensive,
      compared to Unix/Linux and Apache, but using an all Microsoft solution
      will have less problems when using FP server extensions.

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...
      My Webpage