Re: [NTO] RSS feeds

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 26, 2004
      Hi Jody

      Some while back I asked if it might be possible to download the AE templates
      again because somehow mine seem to have got corrupted, but never got a
      reply.

      Take care. Barry UK

        I thought the solution was to reinstall ABE. :)

        You can download them from here:

        > Some while back I asked if it might be possible to download the
        > AE templates again because somehow mine seem to have got
        > corrupted, but never got a reply.

        All Fookes Software mailing lists:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 26, 2004
          Barry wrote:
          > Hi Jody
          >
          > Some while back I asked if it might be possible to download the AE
          templates
          > again because somehow mine seem to have got corrupted, but never got a
          > reply.
          >
          > Take care. Barry UK

          Barry,

          I'm not Jody but, I think you can solve your problem. If you've changed
          or created any templates of your own be sure the template files have an
          individual name, different from the original, so they won't get overwritten.

          After that's done just reinstall AE using the installer package you
          have, install over your existing installation.

          That should replace all the original files with new copies.

          hrs
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 26, 2004
            hsavage wrote:
            >I'm not Jody but,

            Shouldn't we have an acronym for that? I suggest IANJB. You know, like
            IANAL ;-)

            Lotta
          • Jeff Scism
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 26, 2004
              I think we need to abbreviate the acronym to NJB for Not Jody, But...

              OR just say "Jody" by Proxie.
              --
              ~~

              Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

              "Just the facts, maam."
              Sgt. Joe Friday,
              LAPD Badge #714

              Do your civic duty, Know your candidates and
              VOTE for the candidate of your choice.

              Jimmy Hoffa, 1960
            • Barry
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 26, 2004
                Well I reloaded AB and I still can't preview the background templates. The
                gif files are defaulting to html and I think that's where the problem lies.
                Any comments would be helpful.

                Thanks Barry UK

                > > Some while back I asked if it might be possible to download the AE
                > templates
                > > again because somehow mine seem to have got corrupted, but never got a
                > > reply.
                > >
                > > Take care. Barry UK
                >
                > Barry,
                >
                > I'm not Jody but, I think you can solve your problem. If you've changed
                > or created any templates of your own be sure the template files have an
                > individual name, different from the original, so they won't get
                overwritten.

                > After that's done just reinstall AE using the installer package you
                > have, install over your existing installation.
                >
                > That should replace all the original files with new copies.
                >
                > hrs
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Larry Hamilton
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 26, 2004
                  I have been using Mozilla and FireFox and avoiding IE, except for
                  Microsoft Updates. I just checked and there are at least 2 RSS
                  Extensions for Mozilla and FireFox.

                  I just tried one of them called Sage, and it is pretty slick. If one
                  were needing to catch up on a group, or had a group membership, but set
                  to not get email, I can see this as a great way to look over only the
                  topics one had an interest in.

                  Larry Hamilton
                  lmh@...
                  My Webpage

                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 26, 2004
                    Hi Larry,

                    >I have been using Mozilla and FireFox and avoiding IE, except for
                    >Microsoft Updates. I just checked and there are at least 2 RSS
                    >Extensions for Mozilla and FireFox.
                    >
                    >I just tried one of them called Sage, and it is pretty slick. If
                    >one were needing to catch up on a group, or had a group
                    >membership, but set to not get email, I can see this as a great
                    >way to look over only the topics one had an interest in.

                    I was really a bit unfair. :) I did mention that it looked good
                    for those that read on the web. Once I deleted all the garbage
                    they had it checking and took all of IE's views out, it looked
                    pretty nice, although I'll sure stick to eMail for the groups.
                    You are right about if you were away and wanted to do some quick
                    catchup on the web because you turned off your eMail option - it
                    would certainly help out in going through all the listmail. For
                    people that always read yahoogroups on the web and didn't mind
                    taking all of IE's stuff out of view, I think I would like it a
                    lot better than just straight yahoogroups.

                    I still always find my NetCaptor the best though. :) I gave
                    FireFox a pretty good run for awhile, and after a few weeks of
                    forcing myself to use FireFox couldn't wait to get back into my
                    NetCaptor.

                    See ya in the funnies,
                    Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

                    http://www.clean-funnies.com
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 26, 2004
                      Hi Barry,

                      >Well I reloaded AB and I still can't preview the background
                      >templates. The gif files are defaulting to html and I think
                      >that's where the problem lies. Any comments would be helpful.

                      I thought it was the regular templates you could see; that's what
                      we were troubleshooting all that time a month or so ago???

                      The "Background image" field in Page 3. is something altogether different.
                      They're found in: ..\Backgrounds\*.gif|.jpg (You can browse
                      to your own anywhere on your drive as far as they go.) Once you
                      use one from somewhere else, AbE makes a copy of it in its
                      "Background" folder so it'll stay in your list until you delete it.

                      The album templates that show up in Page 1. are in: ..\Templates\
                      That is what I put on the web for download. They are listed under "Use
                      Template" in Page 1.

                      So, make sure you have background images in the Background folder
                      if that is where the problem is. We can perhaps talk about the
                      problem more once we know exactly what it is. <g>

                      These are all the ones that come with Album Express:

                      ..\Backgrounds\BlueLines.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\DarkLines.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\EtchedBorder.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\EtchedBorder2.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\GrayLines.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\Grid.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\Ladders.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\Paper.jpg
                      ..\Backgrounds\Spiral.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\SpiralBlack.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\SpiralDarkGray.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\SpiralGray.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\SpiralGrid.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\SpiralOffWhite.gif
                      ..\Backgrounds\WhiteLines.gif

                      Please keep the subject line as is and if you reply to more that
                      only have the "Re: [NTO] RSS feeds" copy and paste the *full*
                      Subject line in this message; leave the (was Re:... part in). I
                      know the Subject line doesn't mean a whole lot for people that
                      don't get a whole lot of mail, but when one is "raking in" 100s a
                      day, it is very important!-)

                      >Thanks Barry UK

                      Jody Adair

                      and even thou doest err some!
                      http://clean-funnies.com
                      http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 27, 2004
                        Jeff Scism wrote:
                        >I think we need to abbreviate the acronym to NJB for Not Jody, But...

                        Or maybe IAMJ is better... more in line with IANAL and IANAD. Too bad
                        IANAJ doesn't work, huh? :-D

                        >OR just say "Jody" by Proxie.

                        ROTFL - I like that one!