Re: [NTB] Auto Reload of .txt Files

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2004
      Hi Andy:
      I'm replying to this on Off-topic list and copying you in case you're not
      subscribed to it

      There is a unix utility "tail" that if invoked from the command line as:
      tail -f "file_spec" will put up a dos box and in real-time show lines added
      to a watched file.

      Unfortunately, its not part of the standard Windows OS but freeware windows
      equivalents of many useful Unix utilities are available:

      Cygwin http://www.cygwin.com/
      UnxUtils http://www.weihenstephan.de/~syring/win32/UnxUtils.html

      the second is a little easier to install - with either you will want to put
      the location of their binary files in your PATH so they can be invoked
      without having to provide a full location path to them.

      Regards ... Alec