Re: [NTO] NoteTab Search feature.

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16 7:52 AM
      > Using the Disc Search in NoteTab Standard:
      >
      > Is there a way to do a "inverted" search, display the results of files
      > that DON'T have the search criteria?

      This sounds tricky. There doesn't seem to be any direct way to do it.
      However there may be a way to "back" into it.

      Assuming all the files of concern are in a given folder and have a given
      extension (I'll use .htm to illustrate), what you could do is something like
      this (using a Clip to automate the whole thing):
      1. Use the Disk Search function to find and load those files that do
      contain the specified text.
      2. Rename each file to have a modified extension, e.g., .htm_.
      3. Close all those files, and do the Search/Find/Replace operation on all
      remaining .htm files.
      4. Rename all the .htm_ files back to .htm files.