Mini NoteTab downloads

  • ironmike
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
      Dear list friends,

      Recently the download URL for Mini NoteTab was posted on the NT lists.
      The page was on the NoteTab website. I need to download that wonderful
      program again and can't find the correct page. Does someone have the
      correct URL for downloading Mini NoteTab?

      I use MNT as a pop-up note pad with menu bar, tool bars, etc., hidden
      and stay-on-top selected. It works great! It loads much faster than
      the full NTPro, my editor-of-choice, and by eliminating all the
      "chrome" at the top and bottom it has a small, clean footprint on screen.
      Setting
      MNT for paste board lets me work the Internet and local documents with ease.

      Thank you very much!

      Mike Hopkins
      ironmike |AT | inav.net
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
        http://www.fookes.com/software/mininote.htm

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
          ironmike wrote:
          >Recently the download URL for Mini NoteTab was posted on the NT lists.

          http://www.fookes.com/software/mininote.htm

          >I use MNT as a pop-up note pad with menu bar, tool bars, etc., hidden
          >and stay-on-top selected. It works great! It loads much faster than
          >the full NTPro, my editor-of-choice, and by eliminating all the
          >"chrome" at the top and bottom it has a small, clean footprint on screen.

          Yeah, and it has one more advantage over Big Brother. In my view, that is.
          The Paste Board feature allows you to copy-paste the same string several
          times. Why did that go away? NTP used to do it like that too. I use Paste
          Board a lot for simple things like adding prices. If two items cost the
          same it doesn't work. It's easier to remove not needed duplicates than to
          add needed ones IMHO.

          Lotta
        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
            loro wrote:
            > ironmike wrote:
            >
            >>Recently the download URL for Mini NoteTab was posted on the NT lists.
            >

            > http://www.fookes.com/software/mininote.htm
            >
            >>I use MNT as a pop-up note pad with menu bar, tool bars, etc., hidden
            >>and stay-on-top selected. It works great! >
            >
            > Yeah, and it has one more advantage over Big Brother. In my view, that is.
            > The Paste Board feature allows you to copy-paste the same string several
            > times. Why did that go away? NTP used to do it like that too. I use Paste
            > Board a lot for simple things like adding prices. If two items cost the
            > same it doesn't work. It's easier to remove not needed duplicates than to
            > add needed ones IMHO.
            >
            > Lotta

            Hi again Lotta,

            Do you mean, copy-paste only once while using the PasteBoard in NTP? If
            so, I may have an option set differently from you. I can copy the same
            word, sentence, whatever many times to the PasteBoard. the difference
            may be that I use a pasteboard divider, that may add enough extraneous
            bytes to allow multiple copies to the PasteBoard.

            If that is not what you meant you can just ignore this, or, maybe
            explain in a little more detail.

            hrs
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
              hsavage wrote:
              >Do you mean, copy-paste only once while using the PasteBoard in NTP? If
              >so, I may have an option set differently from you. I can copy the same
              >word, sentence, whatever many times to the PasteBoard. the difference
              >may be that I use a pasteboard divider, that may add enough extraneous
              >bytes to allow multiple copies to the PasteBoard.
              >
              >If that is not what you meant you can just ignore this, or, maybe
              >explain in a little more detail.

              Yes, that's what I meant. This is really odd and a little embarrassing
              too... I tried with a divider and it worked. Only, when I removed the
              divider it still worked. LOL

              As I remember it, this behavior disappeared at the same time as the Paste
              Board's ability to copy from itself. Maybe I just assumed it was gone.
              Instead it looks like this depends on from what program I copy.

              Quick test:
              Notetab and K-Meleon: duplicates work
              IE and Opera: duplicated work not

              Now I'm totally confused!

              Lotta
            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 14, 2004
                loro wrote:
                > hsavage wrote:
                >
                >> Do you mean, copy-paste only once while using the PasteBoard in NTP?
                >

                > Yes, that's what I meant. This is really odd and a little
                embarrassing
                > too... I tried with a divider and it worked. Only, when I removed
                the
                > divider it still worked. LOL
                >
                > As I remember it, this behavior disappeared at the same time as
                the Paste
                > Board's ability to copy from itself. Maybe I just assumed it was
                gone.
                > Instead it looks like this depends on from what program I copy.
                >
                > Quick test:
                > Notetab and K-Meleon: duplicates work
                > IE and Opera: duplicated work not
                >
                > Now I'm totally confused!
                >
                > Lotta

                Lotta,

                It is odd, I don't have K-Meleon or Opera and I go to great lengths
                to never start IE. I do have Mozilla and FireFox and can do
                multiple copies from either.

                I guess we just accept it as it is.

                hrs