Re: [NTO] new page up

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2004
      Ed:

      Have you found a fix since you posted your question?
      I just checked in IE6, FireFox and Opera and in all three the page
      background looks kind of beige with the table a kind of blueish white
      (definitely *NOT* "white")

      In IE6 according to ColorCop your table background is: 252,251,220 and the
      page background is 255,255,240 (neither of which is "websafe" according to
      it.)

      Color Cop http://www.datastic.com/tools/colorcop/proposal.php

      ColorMania : Colorpicker by BlackSun Software
      http://users.pandora.be/eclypse/colormania.html shows Hex notation and calls
      them:
      #FCFBDC and #FFFFF0 respectively.

      Regards ... Alec

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 11, 2004
        Alec -

        Since I have you here... is there an extension for FireFox that'll do the
        same as NetCaptor's alias function?
      • Ed Brown
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 11, 2004
          Alec,
          Maybe I should be concerned about websafe, but so many people have
          computers now that reproduce most any color that I use what ever color I
          like. Once I would never put up a page if it was not websafe. No
          longer true for me.

          Awwwwwwwwwwwww you just found the problem. Colormania says #FCFBDC a
          light click on and so I looked at my CSS which states that the page
          should be #FCFBDC althought I meant it to be #FFFFF0. The table is
          supposed to be #FFFFF0 and it is. But CSS has changed the color that I
          intended my web page to be to the correct color or the color of all the
          other pages. So now I go back to the page and change the color in the
          table cells to be FCFBDC.

          Thanks Alec.
          Ed