RE: [NTO] Re: Tampered!?

  • Christine
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
      I was concerned, too, but it's not a pop-up. (That's disabled.)
      It's within the actual Norton program on the windows that offers all the
      status stuff. I'll check out the link, John, and contact Symantec if
      necessary.
      I've had things happen that all, including Symantec, say cannot. Things *I*
      would tell someone couldn't happen.
      Never say never. Ever.

      I'll let you know what happens.
      Thanks!
      Christine
    • Barry
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
        Good advice to check it out with Symantec first.

        Take care. Barry UK

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 13, 2004
            I thought Id update you on this weird issue.
            First, I use AdAware, SpyBot and the Dox web page and all came up normal.
            So, I figured I had nothing to do and ran the live update for Norton, then
            reapplied SP1 for XP Pro.
            lo and behold, Norton no longer stated I was tampered. Sounded so personal,
            didn't it?

            So thanks all for the links and ideas. In this weird world, you never know
            when someone is going to mess with your stuff. Particularly when one is
            stupid enough not to have loaded her firewall at the last system rebuild....
            <looking innocent>

            Christine