Re: [NTO] File Managers?

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14, 2004
      Hrs:

      ExplorerPlus

      http://www.novatix.com/

      Probably more info than you wanted:
      Novatix didn't *buy* the program, the original creator of the software
      bought back the sourcecode and the right to sell a competing program based
      on it. They are developing ExplorePlus (now at 6.2) - 6.0 was essentially
      just a rebranded PD 5.0, 6.1 was fixing bugs still existing in PD 5.0.

      btw: They are currently beta testing a pretty slick program called FileWall
      which uses viewers used in the new ExplorerPlus (no longer using QVPlus).
      Amongst other things, it adds a button to toolbar in OE and in Outlook which
      can be used to "safely" and more conveniently view attachments.

      Regards ... Alec

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14, 2004
        Alec Burgess wrote:

        >Hrs:
        >
        >ExplorerPlus
        >
        >http://www.novatix.com/
        >
        >Probably more info than you wanted:
        >Novatix didn't *buy* the program, the original creator of the software
        >bought back the sourcecode and the right to sell a competing program based
        >on it. They are developing ExplorePlus (now at 6.2) - 6.0 was essentially
        >just a rebranded PD 5.0, 6.1 was fixing bugs still existing in PD 5.0.
        >
        >btw: They are currently beta testing a pretty slick program called FileWall
        >which uses viewers used in the new ExplorerPlus (no longer using QVPlus).
        >Amongst other things, it adds a button to toolbar in OE and in Outlook which
        >can be used to "safely" and more conveniently view attachments.
        >
        >Regards ... Alec

        Alec,

        This amount of info is fine, thanks for the link.

        Several poster rave about DOpus, I've downloaded it twice but, can never
        get the trial evaluation number. I can't even get the sight to come up
        in the browser, it always times out.

        Thanks again,

        hrs