Re: [NTO] PasteClips (was [Clip] NoteTab software.)

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 12, 2004
      http://adwt.com/pc/wurdz.htm is the kind of program used now to highlight
      suspected plagiarism (cheating) amongst post graduates taking their finals.

      Take care. Barry UK

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2004
        Hi Barry,
        I downloaded WURDZ about 40 mins. ago. I was shocked to see how many times I used "I" in a 3800 word document: 92 times!
        "IN" came in at 52 times; "YOU" repeated 44 times;
        "WITH" = 26 times, and so on. I don't know what to make of it...yet. This is a technical report that involved me in the majority of it's development so I can see "I" as getting a large play. Seems like a good program for any one interested in words and their frequency of use in an individual's writings. Surprisingly, not one Neanderthal grunt-word showed up: no "NO!," "MINE!," "GO!," or "GET YOUR OWN SOUP!" appeared.
        Blake
        rbmooney

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 13, 2004
          Wouldn't worry about it Blake As long as you thing that it reads well, then
          there's no problem. If it's written in the first person singular then
          it's impossible to avoid using 'I' a lot of the time.

          Take care. Barry UK