Re: [NTO] Sorry to have sent the original to HTML BUT

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
      Hi Ed,

      >Glad I did. At least I got a reply. And did not have the address
      >which I lost and I lost all of them but the HTML list. Still
      >think It belonged there as it happens while writing html.

      The HTML list was fine to post on; I only suggested this list for
      the adware/spyware tools. Thanks for running them. So, that does
      not appear to be the problem. I think in it best on this list too
      because of troubleshooting if we can do any. It keeps the other
      lists for more of what they are intended for.

      There's quite a few threads on the browser lockup problem on
      various lists. You might search for browser lockups or browser
      locks up...

      Is it IE that you are using? You might try another browser for
      now. I think a work-around might be to configure it in View |
      Options | Custom Launch. The path would look something like the
      following with the extra code at the end:

      D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe ^**

      If you are using the default it would be:

      C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe ^**

      You use the Launch Document tool that you can put on the Toolbar
      and/or the Shortcut menu both found in Options under those tabs
      to view in browser. The icon is like a white paper with a
      lightening bolt in it. It is also found under the Tools menu
      (Ctrl+T), but you have to have it on the Toolbar in order to use
      Ctrl+T, the keyboard shortcut.

      Can you send me your "appcompat.txt" found in your documents and
      settings\temp folder please. Oh, go to Windows Explorer (or My
      Computer) and right click over NotePro.ini and choose Properties.
      Click on the Compatibility tab and see how it is configured. If
      you are in XP, it should not be checked. If you are in XP and the
      box is not checked, try checking the box and run as Win2000 just
      to see what happens. There are a small amount of you with the
      problem, so I guess it is going to be in some configuration or
      Windows OS, or a common file(s) loaded on your computers. Perhaps
      even some common hardware like a video card.

      C:\DOCUME~1\EVENIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER140.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

      Also, if the following file is not very big and text based, could
      you send it. Try opening it in NoteTab first and see if you get
      binary warnings. If so, don't bother sending it.

      C:\DOCUME~1\EVENIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER140.tmp.dir00\NotePro.exe
      .mdmp

      >Jody,
      >Thanks for the reply. It happens only as I write HTML that is why
      >I thought that I had used the HTML list. I really did not know
      >which one to use on this issue. I did not think that I sent it on
      >the basic list. It may have been the only list that I had
      >available at the time. (Of course that is all I use NoteTab for
      >any way :-).HTML that is. ) It could have been a basic issue in
      >my mind when I sent it so if I sent it on the basic list that may
      >be why. Is there an archive of messages somewhere?
      >
      >I have two ad ware removal programs that I run daily as well as
      >an antivirus program. (Spybot and Lavasoft-both updated daily and
      >inspite of rumors they both co-exist peacefully on my machine)
      >
      >I am supposed to be signed up for all the list. I just changed
      >ISP's and reset it to come in on my yahoo address, then changed
      >it again to come into my new address that this mail uses.
      >Thanks again,
      >Ed

      All Fookes Software mailing lists:
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
    • Edward Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
        Jody,
        Meant to get back to your sooner. I followed your suggestion and deleted the browsers.dat file and rebooted this ole thing and she works good now. And that was great for I was working on some Web Sites and need to check what I was doing before I FTPed it up to the hosting site. I will probably have some more fun? soon as I plan to try once again to get FireFox to be the second browser. Since it is a much later edition now perhaps it may.
        Thanks again for your good support.
> [...]

        >Thanks for the reply. It happens only as I write HTML that is why
        >I thought that I had used the HTML list. I really did not know
        >which one to use on this issue. I did not think that I sent it on
        >the basic list. It may have been the only list that I had
        >available at the time. (Of course that is all I use NoteTab for
        >any way :-).HTML that is. ) It could have been a basic issue in
        >my mind when I sent it so if I sent it on the basic list that may
        >be why. Is there an archive of messages somewhere?
        >
        >I have two ad ware removal programs that I run daily as well as
        >an antivirus program. (Spybot and Lavasoft-both updated daily and
        >inspite of rumors they both co-exist peacefully on my machine)
        >
        >I am supposed to be signed up for all the list. I just changed
        >ISP's and reset it to come in on my yahoo address, then changed
        >it again to come into my new address that this mail uses.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor