Sorry to have sent the original to HTML BUT

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
      Glad I did. At least I got a reply. And did not have the address
      which I lost and I lost all of them but the HTML list. Still think It
      belonged there as it happens while writing html.

      Jody,
      Thanks for the reply. It happens only as I write HTML that is why I
      thought that I had used the HTML list. I really did not know which
      one to use on this issue. I did not think that I sent it on the basic
      list. It may have been the only list that I had available at the
      time. (Of course that is all I use NoteTab for any way :-).HTML that
      is. ) It could have been a basic issue in my mind when I sent it so
      if I sent it on the basic list that may be why. Is there an archive
      of messages somewhere?

      I have two ad ware removal programs that I run daily as well as an
      antivirus program. (Spybot and Lavasoft-both updated daily and
      inspite of rumors they both co-exist peacefully on my machine)

      I am supposed to be signed up for all the list. I just changed ISP's
      and reset it to come in on my yahoo address, then changed it again to
      come into my new address that this mail uses.
      Thanks again,
      Ed
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
        Hi Ed,

        >Glad I did. At least I got a reply. And did not have the address
        >which I lost and I lost all of them but the HTML list. Still
        >think It belonged there as it happens while writing html.

        The HTML list was fine to post on; I only suggested this list for
        the adware/spyware tools. Thanks for running them. So, that does
        not appear to be the problem. I think in it best on this list too
        because of troubleshooting if we can do any. It keeps the other
        lists for more of what they are intended for.

        There's quite a few threads on the browser lockup problem on
        various lists. You might search for browser lockups or browser
        locks up...

        Is it IE that you are using? You might try another browser for
        now. I think a work-around might be to configure it in View |
        Options | Custom Launch. The path would look something like the
        following with the extra code at the end:

        D:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe ^**

        If you are using the default it would be:

        C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe ^**

        You use the Launch Document tool that you can put on the Toolbar
        and/or the Shortcut menu both found in Options under those tabs
        to view in browser. The icon is like a white paper with a
        lightening bolt in it. It is also found under the Tools menu
        (Ctrl+T), but you have to have it on the Toolbar in order to use
        Ctrl+T, the keyboard shortcut.

        Can you send me your "appcompat.txt" found in your documents and
        settings\temp folder please. Oh, go to Windows Explorer (or My
        Computer) and right click over NotePro.ini and choose Properties.
        Click on the Compatibility tab and see how it is configured. If
        you are in XP, it should not be checked. If you are in XP and the
        box is not checked, try checking the box and run as Win2000 just
        to see what happens. There are a small amount of you with the
        problem, so I guess it is going to be in some configuration or
        Windows OS, or a common file(s) loaded on your computers. Perhaps
        even some common hardware like a video card.

        C:\DOCUME~1\EVENIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER140.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

        Also, if the following file is not very big and text based, could
        you send it. Try opening it in NoteTab first and see if you get
        binary warnings. If so, don't bother sending it.

        C:\DOCUME~1\EVENIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER140.tmp.dir00\NotePro.exe
        .mdmp

        >Jody,
        >Thanks for the reply. It happens only as I write HTML that is why
        >I thought that I had used the HTML list. I really did not know
        >which one to use on this issue. I did not think that I sent it on
        >the basic list. It may have been the only list that I had
        >available at the time. (Of course that is all I use NoteTab for
        >any way :-).HTML that is. ) It could have been a basic issue in
        >my mind when I sent it so if I sent it on the basic list that may
        >be why. Is there an archive of messages somewhere?
        >
        >I have two ad ware removal programs that I run daily as well as
        >an antivirus program. (Spybot and Lavasoft-both updated daily and
        >inspite of rumors they both co-exist peacefully on my machine)
        >
        >I am supposed to be signed up for all the list. I just changed
        >ISP's and reset it to come in on my yahoo address, then changed
        >it again to come into my new address that this mail uses.
        >Thanks again,
        >Ed

        All Fookes Software mailing lists:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • Edward Brown
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
          Jody,
          Meant to get back to your sooner. I followed your suggestion and deleted the browsers.dat file and rebooted this ole thing and she works good now. And that was great for I was working on some Web Sites and need to check what I was doing before I FTPed it up to the hosting site. I will probably have some more fun? soon as I plan to try once again to get FireFox to be the second browser. Since it is a much later edition now perhaps it may.
          Thanks again for your good support.
> [...]

          >Thanks for the reply. It happens only as I write HTML that is why
          >I thought that I had used the HTML list. I really did not know
          >which one to use on this issue. I did not think that I sent it on
          >the basic list. It may have been the only list that I had
          >available at the time. (Of course that is all I use NoteTab for
          >any way :-).HTML that is. ) It could have been a basic issue in
          >my mind when I sent it so if I sent it on the basic list that may
          >be why. Is there an archive of messages somewhere?
          >
          >I have two ad ware removal programs that I run daily as well as
          >an antivirus program. (Spybot and Lavasoft-both updated daily and
          >inspite of rumors they both co-exist peacefully on my machine)
          >
          >I am supposed to be signed up for all the list. I just changed
          >ISP's and reset it to come in on my yahoo address, then changed
          >it again to come into my new address that this mail uses.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor