Re: [NTO] Small Font

    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 8, 2004
      Hi rbmooney,

      >Does PSP mean PaintShopPro? I tried that many times in PSP, if
      >that's what the initials mean. I never got below 8pt however in
      >PSP using Courier New or Tahoma.

      Yes, it does mean Paint Shop Pro. You need to *select the text* in
      the Font dialog window before making any changes to it whether
      color, antialias, size. Once you select the size assuming it is a
      vector font (according to Don) type in the font size you want like
      Alice mentioned.

      >> I just wanted to thank everybody for all the useful info. I
      >> forgot I could scale smaller in PSP by just typing it in.
      >> Believe it or not, I found my old faithful Courier New to be
      >> the most legible at small points (?) 8, 6, 4. Seems like I am a
      >> loner with Courier New, but I haven't ever found a font that is
      >> easier to read. Maybe Tahoma, but that's about it. Printing
      >> might be a different story... I'm not asking for comments,
      >> (unless you feel like it), just stating my preferences. ;)

      >>> What graphics program are you working in? Vector based
      >>> graphics are scalable, so you can type any number you want.
      >>> Clear fonts like arial for example may be readable at smaller
      >>> sizes.

      Happy html'n!

      www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
    • Don - htmlfixit.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 8, 2004
        vector/non-vector will both scale, however, vector based will rescale
        exactly because they are mathamatically generated whereas the raster (or
        pixel based) is something that actually exists and then is approximated
        on resizing ... or something like that :-)
        so vector based will resize without loss of quality
        raster based will resize, but may lose some quality