Re: [NTO] Small Font

  • texas critter
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 7, 2004
      On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 20:08:25 -0500, rbmooney <rbmooney@...> wrote:

      > Does PSP mean PaintShopPro? I tried that many times in PSP, if that's what
      > the initials mean. I never got below 8pt however in PSP using Courier New
      > or Tahoma. Maybe there's a plug-in I missed for PSP that allows one to do
      > as yopu say.

      What version were you using? In v6 and v7, you could click in the box
      where it showed 8pt and type in 6 or 7 or 5 or 4 and it works fine. I
      don't know about earlier versions tho.

      --
      hth,
      alice ttlg

      EL-M FAQ: http://www.emaillist-managers.com/
      EL-M Google: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/emaillist-managers
    • rbmooney
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 7, 2004
        "t c"
        Thanks a million! That's unbelievable...and all this time I've been using
        word processors to create unusual text and then importing that into the text
        box inside PSP. "Holy smokes Batman!" Thank you!
        Blake
        rbmooney

        > > Does PSP mean PaintShopPro? I tried that many times in PSP, if that's
        what
        > > the initials mean. I never got below 8pt however in PSP using Courier
        New
        > > or Tahoma. Maybe there's a plug-in I missed for PSP that allows one to
        do
        > > as yopu say.
        >
        > What version were you using? In v6 and v7, you could click in the box
        > where it showed 8pt and type in 6 or 7 or 5 or 4 and it works fine. I
        > don't know about earlier versions tho.
        >
        > --
        > hth,
        > alice ttlg
        >
        > EL-M FAQ: http://www.emaillist-managers.com/
        > EL-M Google: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/emaillist-managers
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • texas critter
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 7, 2004
          On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:28:24 -0500, rbmooney <rbmooney@...> wrote:

          > "t c"
          > Thanks a million! That's unbelievable...and all this time I've been using
          > word processors to create unusual text and then importing that into the text
          > box inside PSP. "Holy smokes Batman!" Thank you!

          You're welcome, Robin! :) I just love figuring out the little things,
          they make the big stuff so much easier!

          --
          hth,
          alice ttlg

          EL-M FAQ: http://www.emaillist-managers.com/
          EL-M Google: http://groups-beta.google.com/group/emaillist-managers
        • Mick Housel 77
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 7, 2004
            --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, texas critter
            <texascritter@g...> wrote:
            > What version were you using? In v6 and v7, you could click in the
            box
            > where it showed 8pt and type in 6 or 7 or 5 or 4 and it works
            fine. I
            > don't know about earlier versions tho.

            It also works in v8 of PSP. I've been using PSP since about v3 or v4
            (ya know what they say is the first thing to go :). I love PSP, it's
            a great product for the price. The step JASC made from v7 to v8 was
            a good one. One word of advice tho, don't try using it on a PI or
            PII, lots of RAM or not, it doesn't wanna run well on anything below
            a PIII and I highly recommend a bare minimum of 256 for RAM.

            I've used PhotoShop a little bit and it's a great program from what I
            saw/used. However, PSP does a great job for anyone who isn't a
            Graphics Artist by trade. In fact, I know a few GA's that use both,
            depending on what they're doing. It does everything I need in my
            website design/management business :)

            Another great little program I've found useful is Fontlister.
            www.fontlister.com With it you can use any fonts, whether they're
            installed or not. Fontlister must be running and the font you want
            to use needs to be in it's "listing" You can view fonts in any folder
            (including sub-folders). This works great with programs like PSP,
            PhotoShop, Word, etc. where you only want to use the font for a short
            time for a graphic or a special title on a document. It's much
            easier on the system without having to install bunch of seldom used
            fonts yet fairly quick and easy to have access to fonts from your
            hard disk, CD, etc. I see the author is working on a complete rewrite
            and has a test version available, might have to give it a try. Oh,
            and I have no affilliation with the software or author, just like
            fontlister :)

            Ya'll have a good week!

            Mick
            aka MotoMania
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 8, 2004
              Hi rbmooney,

              >Does PSP mean PaintShopPro? I tried that many times in PSP, if
              >that's what the initials mean. I never got below 8pt however in
              >PSP using Courier New or Tahoma.

              Yes, it does mean Paint Shop Pro. You need to *select the text* in
              the Font dialog window before making any changes to it whether
              color, antialias, size. Once you select the size assuming it is a
              vector font (according to Don) type in the font size you want like
              Alice mentioned.

              >> I just wanted to thank everybody for all the useful info. I
              >> forgot I could scale smaller in PSP by just typing it in.
              >> Believe it or not, I found my old faithful Courier New to be
              >> the most legible at small points (?) 8, 6, 4. Seems like I am a
              >> loner with Courier New, but I haven't ever found a font that is
              >> easier to read. Maybe Tahoma, but that's about it. Printing
              >> might be a different story... I'm not asking for comments,
              >> (unless you feel like it), just stating my preferences. ;)

              >>> What graphics program are you working in? Vector based
              >>> graphics are scalable, so you can type any number you want.
              >>> Clear fonts like arial for example may be readable at smaller
              >>> sizes.

              Happy html'n!

              www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
            • Don - htmlfixit.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 8, 2004
                vector/non-vector will both scale, however, vector based will rescale
                exactly because they are mathamatically generated whereas the raster (or
                pixel based) is something that actually exists and then is approximated
                on resizing ... or something like that :-)
                so vector based will resize without loss of quality
                raster based will resize, but may lose some quality