[NTO] Re: Back-Ups and Syncing (Was: Checkboxes for selecting folders AND files)

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2004
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Christine" <christine@e...>
      wrote:
      > Actually, that made sense, although the actual command lines were
      foreign
      > until your explanation decoded them.
      > This sounds great. Isn't it funny that something so simple can
      confound?
      > Thanks for sharing that!
      > Christine

      Glad you were able to see through all that Christine. :)

      Actually when you boil it all down, depending upon just how you
      interface your laptop to your main computer, you could do what you
      want with a couple simple clips such as:

      ^!Dos xxcopy "laptop" "main" /clone
      ^!Wait

      Where ^!Wait simply tells NoteTab to hold its horses until the backup
      is done, and even that is optional.

      And of course in my above example "laptop" and "main" would have to
      be replaced with the actual paths to each computer, but essentially
      that's all it would take.

      If you try this however, do a lot of testing on dummy files first.
      xxcopy does exactly what it's told to do, so you'll want to be sure
      you have your commands right.

      John