[NTB] National fonts probelm

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2004
      Jody - (Anyone?)
      In a "sort of" related question:
      How do I find out what I'm supposed to download in order to see oriental
      languages in their original form?

      example:
      http://popfile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?JP_FrequentlyAskedQuestions/Bounce

      translated into Engish:
      http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/?wb_url=http://popfile.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?JP_FrequentlyAskedQuestions/Bounce&wb_lp=JAEN

      When I look at the first URL I see stuff that looks like this: >>
      Æ‚¢‚Á‚½ƒwƒbƒ
      _‚ð‹U‘•‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚Ü‚·B‚±‚Ì‚½‚߁AƒGƒ
      ‰[ƒ[ƒ‹‚ð•Ô‚µ‚½‚Æ‚µ‚Ä‚Ã
      A‚Ü‚Á‚½‚­ŠÖŒW‚Ì‚È‚¢’N‚©‚ÌŒ
      ³‚É“Í‚­‚¾‚¯‚ŁAspam‚Ì‘—MŽÒ‚ÌŒ
      ³‚É‚Í“Í‚«‚Ü‚¹‚ñB‚±‚±‚ɁAspam‚Ì‘—
      MŽÒ‚Ƀ[
      <<

      Someone told me that in IE they'd get a popup asking them to download a
      font. If that's supposed to happen I must have turned off some option
      somewhere, 'cause I don't get any such popup :-(

      Any ideas?

      Note -I went to this page:
      http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/handson/dev/winxpintl.mspx#win2k and
      here:
      http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/recommended/ime/go_ime.asp?localURL=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.microsoft.com%2Fdownload%2Fie5%2FIME%2F5.02%2FW9XNT4%2FEN-US%2Fmsjaime.exe&Action=Next+%3E%3E

      but couldn't figure out what the minimum required to see Japanese in
      Japanese is - I don't want to accidentally make my entire machine Japanese!

      I'd like to be able to do the same thing in Notepad (and Notetab Light if
      possible).

      Regards ... Alec