iis

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 32 , May 18, 2004
      I am trying to install a server on my computer. But somehow Microsoft has
      beaten me to it. When I type in http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1 iis
      starts up and starts telling me how to use their asp server on my computer.
      I use php and I would like to get rid of this junk to install an apache
      server or else use badblue. Any ideas on how to get rid of iis server or
      whatever it is.

      Born Free Taxed To Death!
    • Ed Brown
      Message 32 of 32 , May 24, 2004
        Brian Binder wrote:

        >Whoops - replied on the other before reading this one. Sorry. Does
        BadBlue double as a web server (takes that place of Apache entirely?) or
        is it a plug-in for Apache?

        >When you browse to that folder, is the index.htm file present? Can you
        open the file in a browser and see what it shoud look like?

        >Brian

        Brian,
        Just got back this afternoon from a short weekend vacation. I will get back
        into the swing of things again. I have to start over just to remember where
        I was. I am reloading badblue. I received from their support team:
        "Hi Ed, a couple of the "advanced" features do expire (search and upload).
        The rest of the features will run forever (like folders, peer-to-peer
        sharing, running PHP). You can even remove the expired message from the
        product (search the discussion board for how to do this)"
        So I will try and get back to where I was. After I get on the discussion
        board I may find some of the answers.
        Ed.