Udate Failed

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2004
      I tried to update my computer using XP this AM. In fact I tried at least 3
      times but each time I got the message:
      Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Windows XP (KB826939) Failed

      Do any of you XP experts have any idea why this would occur?

      Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the
      rear or a fool from any direction.
    • Robert Romberger
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2004
        On 11 May 2004 at 9:59, Ed Brown wrote:

        > I tried to update my computer using XP this AM. In fact I tried at least 3
        > times but each time I got the message: Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft Windows
        > XP (KB826939) Failed
        >
        > Do any of you XP experts have any idea why this would occur?

        I have seen this behavior at school with fully licensed XP Pro installs.
        Sometimes the network download and install just fails. When this happens,
        the best thing to do is get the hotfix directly from your local machine and
        do the install. To do this, go to the update site and click on the more
        info link to bring up the KB article. Once there, you should be able to
        find a link to download the hotfix. Download it to your PC, then run the
        hotfix. Note that you might need to be connected to the Internet for it to
        completely install - some of the hotfixes are loaders and not a full
        package. I think that this is what sometimes causes the hotfixes to not
        install, having a loader run then not be able to connect to the rest of the
        hotfix files at Mirosoft and it then times out. Having the loader file
        locally run, reduces the chance of the time out.

        --
        Robert

        Reading furnishes the mind only with materials of knowledge; it is thinking
        that makes what we read ours. John Locke