GOOGLE settings

  • blake mooney
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2004
      Does anyone know if it is unwise to fill out the GOOGLE toolbar form (under
      OPTIONS on the GOOGLE toolbar) that concerns itself with "automatically
      filling out web forms for the individual?"

      I tried that once with another auto-fill program and it became a fiasco. My
      passwords were involved and I found myself constantly changing my password
      just to comply with the program's insistent "requests for verification" that
      "XYZ" site was OK to add. How did I know? I didn't so I deleted the
      program. But GOOGLE seems a bit higher up the food-chain, or is this so
      much simplemindedness on my part. I mean...I don't want to be fighting my
      antivirus program day and night.

      R. B. Mooney
    • Christine
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2004
        I absolutely love Roboform. Well worth a couple of bucks! Plus, it's MINE,
        vs. Google's. I don't trust these people not to "update their policies" and
        let me know after the fact.

        Christine
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8, 2004
          Hi Christine,

          >I absolutely love Roboform. Well worth a couple of bucks! Plus, it's MINE,
          >vs. Google's. I don't trust these people not to "update their policies" and
          >let me know after the fact.

          I am cheap! I upgraded to a version that limited passcards in the free
          version, and had to go backwards. I didn't need the bells and whistles and
          am content with the free version.

          Julie
        • Christine
          Message 4 of 4 , May 9, 2004
            Get over the cheap thing, Julie. It's only your money that you make to
            spend on yourself. So enjoy it!
            The "bells and whistles" are unnecessary, but the ability to store more than
            30 passcards is worth the little money it costs -- to me.

            Christine