recovering deleted files within NoteTab

  • blake mooney
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 9:46 AM
      I accidentally deleted a 700 word article (cut from WordPerfect and pasted into NoteTab) when my nervous hand "moved" the mouse pointer off the slider or scroll bar. ZAP! The file was gone! After several hours alternately searching NT settings and the .bak setup, I realized that the file had never been saved in WP or NT! I had trapped myself right before the auto 20 minute backup engaged in NT and had raced through the orig. creation of the article in WP before its backup setting--also at 20 mins--took hold. In any case, wouldn't it be a great idea to think about a recovery algorithm within NT? Instead of messing things up with desperate searches in and out of the recycle bin and DOS, I think more files could be recovered if at the moment one realizes what they've done: a routine could be instantly employed to recover the "lost file" prior to any messing about outside of NoteTab. Sorry this is long.

      R. B. Mooney

    • Fay
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4 6:53 PM
        At 02:46 AM 5/05/04, you wrote:
        >I accidentally deleted a 700 word article

        How horrible!

        If something like that happens again, ctrl+z should bring it back if you do
        it straight away.

        Fay