Re: [NTO] System Restore

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2004
      Ed,

      At 07:05 PM 5/3/2004, you wrote:
      >I cannot get to system restore in any of the approved ways in Windows XP
      >Pro. Any ideas?

      I don't know what you mean by approved ways but here are 4 ways to get there Microsoft's Windows XP Pro.
      If you have a Compaq for example and have their customized XP Pro, the Help and support menu will be a little different.

      START>HELP AND SUPPORT then click on the little house icon for the home page, then on the right side, click on the

      UNDO CHANGES TO YOUR COMPUTER WITH SYSTEM RESTORE

      Another way to get here is to left click in the middle of your desktop and press F1

      Another way is to go to START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SYSTEM RESTORE

      And if all else fails, launch

      C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe

      Regards,

      Jim