System Restore

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2004
      I cannot get to system restore in any of the approved ways in Windows XP
      Pro. Any ideas?
      Ed
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 2 , May 3, 2004
        Ed,

        At 07:05 PM 5/3/2004, you wrote:
        >I cannot get to system restore in any of the approved ways in Windows XP
        >Pro. Any ideas?

        I don't know what you mean by approved ways but here are 4 ways to get there Microsoft's Windows XP Pro.
        If you have a Compaq for example and have their customized XP Pro, the Help and support menu will be a little different.

        START>HELP AND SUPPORT then click on the little house icon for the home page, then on the right side, click on the

        UNDO CHANGES TO YOUR COMPUTER WITH SYSTEM RESTORE

        Another way to get here is to left click in the middle of your desktop and press F1

        Another way is to go to START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS>SYSTEM RESTORE

        And if all else fails, launch

        C:\WINDOWS\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe

        Regards,

        Jim