Re: [NTO] Shortcut For DUN Connection

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2004
      Jody,
      I have a similar problem. I have one older computer with Win 98 and Notetab Light on it. I do not even have a MODEM in it. I am connected with dsl. Yet everytime I normally click on IE or OE the computer tries to find a modem. Also on the same computer I have a Linux distro it goes on line just beautifully. I wonder if I could use a clip to go straight to Ethernet01 and get online with Windows 98. Ed
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2004
        Hi Ed,

        In Internet Options or IE somewhere there is a box to check to
        have it connect if there is no connection. That should take care
        of IE. In Eudora I set it to check mail every "0" minutes so it
        does not check mail on startup. I don't know how you configure
        OE, but there should be a way.

        >I have a similar problem. I have one older computer with Win 98
        >and Notetab Light on it. I do not even have a MODEM in it. I am
        >connected with dsl. Yet everytime I normally click on IE or OE
        >the computer tries to find a modem. Also on the same computer I
        >have a Linux distro it goes on line just beautifully. I wonder
        >if I could use a clip to go straight to Ethernet01 and get online
        >with Windows 98. Ed

        All Fookes Software mailing lists:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm