Re: [NTO] Shortcut For DUN Connection

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2004
      At 01:40 PM 4/30/04 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hi All,
      >
      >Does anybody know how to get the path to start up my modem (DUN)
      >connection so that I can get the shortcut. In short, I want to
      >use it from a NoteTab Launch Clip I use. Thanks!
      >
      >The two most common elements in the
      >universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >I.B. Ignorant

      Hi I.B.,

      You should look for the shortcut to your DUNS connection. If you do not
      have one then you need to create one on your desktop. Mine as an example
      would be:

      ^!Shell "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\ITG Internet.lnk"

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 30, 2004
        At 01:40 PM 4/30/04 -0500, you wrote:
        >Hi All,
        >
        >Does anybody know how to get the path to start up my modem (DUN)
        >connection so that I can get the shortcut. In short, I want to
        >use it from a NoteTab Launch Clip I use. Thanks!
        >
        >The two most common elements in the
        >universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
        >
        >Thanks,
        >I.B. Ignorant

        Here is my final clip. It brings up the DUN Connect To window and it
        presses the connect button and dials up my ISP.

        ______[Copy below this line]_______
        H="Launch Internet"
        ;lrt@... e¿ê
        ;04/30/2004, 03:01:32 PM
        ^!Shell "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\ITG Internet.lnk"
        ^!Delay 10
        ^!Keyboard Enter Ctrl+Z
        _____[Copy above this line]______
        | right click over the clipbook |
        | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2004
          Hi Larry

          >Here is my final clip. It brings up the DUN Connect To window and it
          >presses the connect button and dials up my ISP.

          I had stumbled across how to do it before. Thanks for the help. I
          figured it out. The Properties does not give the link, but the
          first tab tells the location (WinXP). I was trying to get it from
          the Network Connections folder. I had already made a shortcut to
          my Desktop when I was playing with it the other day. :)

          ^!D:\Documents and Settings\Jody\Desktop\[name of connect.lnk]

          I have a shortcut to start NoteTab and Library. Obviously the
          SetArray below will be all wrapped and messed up, but you'll get
          the picture.

          H=onOpen
          ^!SetHintInfo Starting Programs...
          ^!SetScreenupdate Off
          ^!D:\Documents and Settings\Jody\Desktop\Sojourner1.lnk
          ^!Delay 15
          ^!SetArray %ProgramList%="^?{(T=A;H=25)Check programs to Open=_WordWeb Pro^="F:\NoteTab Pro\Dictionaries\WordWeb Pro\WWEB32.EXE"|_Appbar^="G:\AppBar\appbar.exe"|_UltimaShell Pro^="G:\UltimaShell\ultimashell.exe"|_NoteDora^="E:\Eudora\Eudora.exe" "E:\NoteDora"|_NetDora^="E:\Eudora\Eudora.exe" "E:\Netdora"|_MainDora^="E:\Eudora\Eudora.exe"|NetCaptor^="E:\Browsers\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe"|_AsA^="F:\AsA\Asa.exe"}
          ^!Set %Count%=^%ProgramList0%
          ^!Set %Index%=0

          :Loop
          ^!SetScreenUpdate Off
          ^!Inc %Index%
          ^!If ^%Index% > ^%Count% LoadDefault
          ^!CmdShow Minimize
          ^!^%ProgramList^%Index%%
          ^!Delay 30
          ^!Goto Loop

          :LoadDefault
          ^!LoadLibrary "Back"

          Take care,
          Jody Adair

          and even thou doest err some!
          http://clean-funnies.com
          http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
        • Ed Brown
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2004
            Jody,
            I have a similar problem. I have one older computer with Win 98 and Notetab Light on it. I do not even have a MODEM in it. I am connected with dsl. Yet everytime I normally click on IE or OE the computer tries to find a modem. Also on the same computer I have a Linux distro it goes on line just beautifully. I wonder if I could use a clip to go straight to Ethernet01 and get online with Windows 98. Ed

            www.clean-funnies.com

            Message 5 of 5 , May 1 7:52 AM
              Hi Ed,

              In Internet Options or IE somewhere there is a box to check to
              have it connect if there is no connection. That should take care
              of IE. In Eudora I set it to check mail every "0" minutes so it
              does not check mail on startup. I don't know how you configure
              OE, but there should be a way.

              >I have a similar problem. I have one older computer with Win 98
              >and Notetab Light on it. I do not even have a MODEM in it. I am
              >connected with dsl. Yet everytime I normally click on IE or OE
              >the computer tries to find a modem. Also on the same computer I
              >have a Linux distro it goes on line just beautifully. I wonder
              >if I could use a clip to go straight to Ethernet01 and get online
              >with Windows 98. Ed

              All Fookes Software mailing lists:
              http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm