Re: John's Tidbits (was: [NTB] Search and replace help)

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2004
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...>
      wrote:
      > John:
      >
      > > http://elwood.pionet.net/~karpet/photos/Tidbits.chm
      >
      > Thanks for sharing - some very interesting stuff in there!
      >
      > I liked your Photoshop tips - I'd never come accross the Extract
      image
      > feature. Every month or so I spend a couple of hours just playing
      with
      > Photoshop. In my next session I'll walk through them one at time
      and see if
      > I can internalize them better.
      >
      > btw: Have you used GIMP? I saw comments about it having been greatly
      > improved in ver 2 and finally got a copy of it and played with it
      last week.
      > Seems quite intuitive though there is also a lot I haven't figured
      out how
      > to use in both Photoshop (I have 7) and it :-)
      >
      > Regards ... Alec

      Thanks Alec. I have to admit that outside of learning how to do it,
      I've never used the extract images feature of the Photoshop. Instead
      I tend to use clipping groups to mask out what I don't want.

      I've never seen GIMP, don't even know what it does to tell you the
      truth, but it sounds similar to the Photoshop. I have PS ver 6, it
      does everything I could ask for and more.

      John