RE: [NTO] Transferring NTP and MB from WIN98se to WINXP

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2004
      Hi Jim,

      > >Attempts to move my files by serial cable have failed.
      >
      > I suspect that you just had the wrong cable.

      Or an FAT32/NTFS incompatibility.

      When I first sucked stuff using Direct Cable Connection from an old win98SE
      machine to my freshly upgraded from WinME to WinXPHome. I had no problems.
      But then I did a fresh install of WinXPHome on that old WinME machine and
      this time installed it a NTFS. No longer would Direct Cable Connection see
      the NTFS drive.

      Was I missing something, or was that inevitable?

      Greg