Mozzies WAS: [NTB] FireFox

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2004
      Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
      >jelkscabaniss@... wrote:
      >>
      >> I use Avantbrowser (an IE shell) as my default browser, and thus
      >> when I pressed CTRL+T in NTP, the current doc would open in it. The
      >> two alternates (toolbar icons, or F8 and Shift+F8) were set up in
      >> Browsers.dat as Firebird and Opera. Well after reading Jody's
      >> message (above URL), I put the command line for Firefox ...
      >>
      >> "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ^**

      >Yes we came accross that at the same time. It worked for half the
      >people. I was the other half :-)
      >between the clip and that however, I think most of us got it going.

      What happens if you quote the reference to the focused doc too? That works for me.
      "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "^**"

      I'd really like to know how to make Moz and all its offspring to always reuse the same window if I don't tell it otherwise. It's the same problem with all shortcuts, not only when launching it from Notetab. This bit in user.js used to work but no longer does.

      user_pref("browser.always_reuse_window", true);
      user_pref("advanced.system.supportDDEExec", false);

      I've asked at some forums but haven't been able to get an answer.

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2004
        Hi loro,

        >I'd really like to know how to make Moz [...] to always reuse the
        >same window if I don't tell it otherwise.

        I have the setup below. When I hold the Ctrl key down I get
        another window in both NetCaptor and Mozilla. If I just click on
        my globes, I get the .htm in the same window/instance for both
        browsers.

        >It's the same problem with all shortcuts, not only when launching
        >it from Notetab.

        It always has been a NetScape/Mozilla thing. They've acted up for
        ions in this issue. At times Eric can get them working and then
        they go break it again. I think Eric got to the point to where he
        doesn't give it much effort for that family.

        NotePro.ini (Found in its main folder) - add "NewBrowserWindow=0"
        (zero) anywhere in the [Options] section; mine happens to be the
        first entry in the section.

        [Options]
        NewBrowserWindow=0

        Options | Internet | Main Browser: (v7.5)
        E:\Browsers\NetCaptor\NetCaptor.exe

        Options | Internet | Other Browser: (v1.3)
        E:\Browsers\Mozilla\Mozilla.exe

        Tweak UI | General tab
        Prevent applications from stealing focus (unchecked)
        Flash Taskbar button [1] time FWIW. (checked)

        I don't have anything for NetCaptor or Mozilla in Browsers.dat

        Running XP Pro 2002 Service Pack 1

        H="Clip - Opens New Window Always" uh, sometimes
        ^!"E:\Browsers\Mozilla\Mozilla.exe" "^**"
        it seems to matter what page is open and what the HTML formatting is like.

        H="Clip - Opens in Same Window" uh, sometimes
        ^!"E:\Browsers\Mozilla\Mozilla.exe" ^**
        it seems to matter what page is open and what the HTML formatting is like.

        Custom Launch

        I don't have anything else to try. :-)

        All Fookes Software mailing lists:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm