Re: [NTO] NoteTab Pro with wine

  • Steven Karp
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29 9:57 PM
      Larry, thanks for the thoughts.

      On Saturday 27 March 2004 04:25 pm, Larry Hamilton wrote:
      > I just copied NoteTab to a drive I can read from Linux and then moved it to
      > the "fake" windows folder.

      I tried that first, actually, and got the same crash, so then I tried the
      "install it first" to make sure I had the cleanest possible configuration.

      > I have two email messages in the archives of this list that give my
      > experience with getting NoteTab to run under Wine. They have the subject:

      Thanks for that. I did see your first message with the links before I posted
      my message, and tried several of the suggestions with no success. I'll hunt
      up the second message and see if perhaps one of the things that you found not
      to work is trying to happen when I launch NoteTab.

      > I have not really had time to play since then, but will try to answer any
      > questions you may have.

      Greatly appreciated. Perhaps you (or someone else) knows what actions NTP
      takes when launched. Since my crash is happening *after* it displays the
      splash page, but *before* the main window is displayed, if I knew what NTP
      was trying to do there, I might be able to short-circuit it. <grin>

      S.