Re: [NTO] Note Tab Pro file handling

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2004
      Josh:
      A long time ago I thought I was having a similar problem with Notetab and
      Franklin Covey (Enfish). I don't remember whether I ever resolved it before
      abandoning Enfish.

      At the time I didn't know about Process Explorer
      http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

      One of its many features is a search by file or folder name (or portion
      thereof) for all processes holding locks on it. Double clicking on a name
      located will allow deleting the handle thus freeing the lock. Its possible
      that the lock you think you are seeing isn't actually held by Notetab or
      that if it is, you'll be able to figure out how to reproduce the problem
      with specificty enough for it to be resolved.

      Regards ... Alec

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2004
        Sorry for the multiple messages, I recieved a delivery failure message so I
        reposted, seems I just got another for the message I am currently replying
        to a reply on.. that makes sense..

        I was just at that site too, should have grabbed it while I was there for
        debugview.