NTP File Handling

  • Joshua Simmons - CK
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2004
      Is it just me, or does NTP not always properly release files when they
      are closed, earlier I was moving some preferences over to the latest
      FF (Firefox) nightly with NTP editing my old prefs file, to copy a few
      setting over to the new, and when I finished and closed the file, I
      was then unable to delete the directory that file was in until I
      killed NTP. The weirdest thing is, that I often delete files that NTP
      still has open, but am often unable to delete directories that NTP
      used to have a file open in. It's not new, but it has begun to bug me
      enough to ask. I also had this trouble in previous versions, clean
      install.

      Thanks,
      CK
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2004
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua Simmons - CK"
        <simmonsj2000@h...> wrote:
        > Is it just me, or does NTP not always properly release files when
        they
        > are closed, earlier I was moving some preferences over to the latest
        > FF (Firefox) nightly with NTP editing my old prefs file, to copy a
        few
        > setting over to the new, and when I finished and closed the file, I
        > was then unable to delete the directory that file was in until I
        > killed NTP. The weirdest thing is, that I often delete files that
        NTP
        > still has open, but am often unable to delete directories that NTP
        > used to have a file open in. It's not new, but it has begun to bug
        me
        > enough to ask. I also had this trouble in previous versions, clean
        > install.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > CK

        What operating system are you using?

        If it's NT, 2000, or XP then this is normal behavior, which simply
        means it's not NoteTab, it's Windows doing this.

        John