Re: [NTO] NoteTab Pro with wine

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27 4:25 PM
      S.,

      I have not tried running the NoteTab install. I dual boot WinXP Home and
      RedHat 7.2.

      I just copied NoteTab to a drive I can read from Linux and then moved it to
      the "fake" windows folder.

      I have two email messages in the archives of this list that give my
      experience with getting NoteTab to run under Wine. They have the subject:
      "NoteTab on Linux - Re: [NTO] OpenOffice Beginner" and were posted on
      January 5 & 7 of 2004. The message on the 5th gives links to sources for
      getting Wine to work and to get a basic understanding of it. The message of
      the 7th give my experiences with what does and does not work with NoteTab
      under Linux. Most of what does not work is easy to work around.

      I have not really had time to play since then, but will try to answer any
      questions you may have.

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...
      http://notlimah.tripod.com/

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29 9:57 PM
        Larry, thanks for the thoughts.

        On Saturday 27 March 2004 04:25 pm, Larry Hamilton wrote:
        > I just copied NoteTab to a drive I can read from Linux and then moved it to
        > the "fake" windows folder.

        I tried that first, actually, and got the same crash, so then I tried the
        "install it first" to make sure I had the cleanest possible configuration.

        > I have two email messages in the archives of this list that give my
        > experience with getting NoteTab to run under Wine. They have the subject:

        Thanks for that. I did see your first message with the links before I posted
        my message, and tried several of the suggestions with no success. I'll hunt
        up the second message and see if perhaps one of the things that you found not
        to work is trying to happen when I launch NoteTab.

        > I have not really had time to play since then, but will try to answer any
        > questions you may have.

        Greatly appreciated. Perhaps you (or someone else) knows what actions NTP
        takes when launched. Since my crash is happening *after* it displays the
        splash page, but *before* the main window is displayed, if I knew what NTP
        was trying to do there, I might be able to short-circuit it. <grin>

        S.