NoteTab Pro with wine

  • solo_polyphony
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25 6:33 PM
      Greetings to all. My first visit to this list, though I've been
      using NoteTab Pro for several years now.

      I've recently made the move from XP to Linux, and I'm trying to get
      NTP working under wine. I've installed a recent version of wine
      (specifically, the March 9th build) and confirmed that it's set up
      correctly by running several programs (Brawny Lads Joiner, QuickPar,
      and a couple of other things that I just haven't found good Linux
      replacements for yet). I then ran the installer for NoteTab Pro 4.95.

      It seems to have installed cleanly; at least there were no error
      messages during the installation. Unfortunately, when I tried to run
      the program, it only got as far as displaying the splash screen, and
      then it pops up an application error: "Exception EStringListError in
      module NotePro.exe at 000B25A9. List index out of bounds (0)."
      Clicking OK drops me back to my shell.

      Can anyone make some suggestions for how I can get this working? I'm
      willing to fall back to an older version of NTP if it'll help...

      Thanks in advance,

      S.