Re: [NTO] Need a little Help

  • Robert Romberger
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2004
      On 28 Feb 2004 at 14:02, Adrian/ Rosemary Worsfold wrote:

      > Open Office and NoteTab clash, NoteTab freezing. I've stated before that
      > never can NoteTab be open and never can I print to a printer with MS Word,
      > Internet Explorer and so on. It may well be something to do with older
      > operating systems and a program which now stretches across so many operating
      > system versions...

      FWIW, I just did a little test of copying text from NTP 4.95 into OOo
      1.1.0. System is a P4-1.8 with 768MB RAM running XP Pro SP1. No problems
      noted. Also, you can adjust the memory usage of Open Office to get better
      results (whatever OS, it works) by going to Tools->Options->OpenOffice.org-
      >Memory. I have mine adjusted to "Use for OpenOffice.org = 32MB" and
      "Memory per object = 5.0MB", which gives me respectable performance. For
      me OOo opens and flatout runs better than any MS Office product, but your
      mileage may vary.

      --
      Robert

      Thought for the day: As for me, all I know is that I know nothing.
      Socrates